The ServeBox ActionScript Foundry (AS Foundry) is an ActionScript 3 / Java framework designed for Flex application development.
Its design is based on several design patterns, and includes tools built to resolve some of the recurrent Flex development issues: model-view data synchronization, screen-browsing, access-control lists, localization and label externalization, etc.
It is available as an open-source project under the Apache 2.0 license, so you are free to use it for commercial and/or open-source projects.
The framework is composed of five libraries:
- Commons: Basic types and tools.
- Foundry: Provides the micro-architecture classes.
- AirFoundry: Extends the micro-architecture so it can be used in Adobe AIR.
- Toolbox: High-level tools (browsing, ACL, dataprovider items search, etc).
- Foundry-Java-Commons: Java helper classes, built to structure and accelerate (Flex) Client / (FDS-LCDS-BlazeDS) Server development.
Project source code is hosted by Sourceforge, and can be viewed at
Use the following command to check out the source code:
svn co http://sbasfoundry.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sbasfoundry/BRANCH_OR_TAG action-script-foundry
Replace BRANCH_OR_TAG with the appropriate suffix.
You can pickup a tag or a branch that fits your needs or try the current development 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT in trunk.
Please consult the ActionScript Foundry Documentation page.
Download all packages.
Developers: getting involved
There are many ways to get involved in the project, if you are interested in:
- Create patches if you think you fixed an issue or made improvements
- Request features
- Contribute to the developer documentation by writing comments, posts or articles
- Contribute to the developer documentation by translating documentation
- Contact us for ideas or suggestions
- Contact us to become a development team member
- Foundry Documentation
- Introducing ActionScript Foundry
- Basic types and structures
- The collection packages
- The MVC Framework
- Remote procedure call
- Building localized Flex Applications
- Using SmartForm
- Using the FlexBrowser
- Full-text search tree
- ActionScript Foundry: a beginner’s guide
- Accessing Remote Services
- Developping a contact manager application (CManager) – Part 1